If the World's biggest burger chain are benefiting from clamshell grills why shouldn't you?
You can produce mouthwatering results from fresh or frozen burgers as well as steaks, chicken, kebabs and more. Then there's the consistency – with multiple programme settings, you can guarantee perfect results over and over again across a huge range of products.
High volume "Grill" style operations, american dinners, Tex-Mex style, steak houses, pub restaurants, theme parks, tourist attractions, concession stands with large throughput, high street burger chains and fast food shops
What can the Taylor Clamshell Grills Cook?
Taylor clamshell grills can cook everything and anything which could be cooked on a conventional flat griddle surface. The infinite adjustment of the cooking gap allows a wide range of products to be cooked. Once time, temperature and cooking gap have been programmed for a consistently sourced product. The grill will repeat the same cooking process each and every time producing consistent, reliable results irrespective of the operator.
Clamshell features and benefits
- Speed – With heat being applied by both the top platen and bottom grill, cook times can be reduced by almost two thirds. Energy efficient heating coils reduce recovery times, ensuring the grill is ready to cook as and when it's required.
- Flexibility – Total adjustability allows the grill to cook a wide range of different products. The cooking surface is divided into two independently controlled cooking areas. Each area has the option of being either in the form of a flat griddle area or ridged to give "Char-Grilling" finishes to products. The top platens can be adjusted to rise to different angles ensuring the grill fits under existing extraction equipment.
- Consistency – Once time, temperature and gap height have been established, food will be cooked the same time and time again irrespective of the operator. Each side of the grill can be pre-programmed with nine cooking options.
- Reliability – Proven track record in major high street fast food chains shows manufacturing quality and reliability. The grill can self diagnose faults minimising any potential down time.
- Easy to Maintain – The grills uses Teflon release sheets on the cooking platens, reducing carbon build-up and simplifies the cleaning process.
- Staffing Costs – The easy to use programs with simple push button controls reduce the need for skilled grill chefs as the grill will cook to the same specifications each and every time.
- Dependable – The grill can be programmed to sound timers at given points to allow products to be seasoned etc as they cook. The grill will warn the operator 5 seconds before the cook cycle is over to ensure cook product isn't forgotten about preventing wastage by over cooking.
- Reduced Wastage – The increased speed of the grill increases your ability to cook more products to order and reduces the need to hot hold products; reducing potential wastage by non-sale of hot held items.
- Modular Design – The grill is designed in a way which allows multiple grills to be installed side by side, increasing flexibility and eliminating flavour transfer by having the ability to cook different products on different cooking surfaces.
- Free Standing – The grill is floor standing freeing up valuable work surface space.
- Increased Food Safety – The consistent cook profiles ensure crucial core temperatures are reached ensuring compliance with food safety standards, reducing the risk of human error in the cook process.