Ingredients – Base Mix
(Sufficient mix to fill a Taylor CH03 – 30 litre pasteuriser)
20 litres Whole milk
1.5 litres Double cream
3 Kg Sugar
3 Kg Comprital MUSA powder (stabiliser blend)
Ingredients – Christmas Pudding Flavour
(sufficient to make 2 – 5 litre Napoli containers)
6 litres Base Mix (recipe above)
400g cooked Christmas Pudding (crumbled up)
100 ml Brandy (optional to taste)
1. Manufacture the base mix, as per the instructions provided with your Pasteuriser. Ideally, allow the mix to age for 4-6 hours before use.
2. Decant 6 litres of the base mix into a suitable mixing bowl or pail.
3. Add the crumbled up Christmas pudding (and brandy if you wish) to the liquid base mix and stir until evenly distributed.
4. Pour the flavoured base mix into your Taylor batch freezer (see opposite for Taylor load capacities).
5. Freeze the ice cream as per the instruction provided with your batch freezer.
6. Once frozen, transfer to a Napoli container and blast freeze until solid, then transfer to your dis-play cabinet.
7. Garnish the finished Napoli with a sprinkle of excess Christmas pudding and a sprig of Holly.
Taylor 104—Max 2 litres per batch
Frigomat C125—Max 2.2 litres per batch
Frigomat C119— Max 4 litres per batch
Frigomat C118—Max 6 litres per batch (full recipe)