Jaffa Orange “Cakes” Ice Cream – find out how to make this tasty ice cream
Ingredients – Base Mix
(sufficient mix to fill a Taylor CH03 – 30 litre pasteuriser)
- 20 litres Whole Milk
- 1.5 litres Double Cream
- 3 kg Sugar
- 3 kg Comprital MUSA powder (stabiliser blend)
Ingredients – Jaffa Orange “Cakes” Flavour
(Sufficient to make 2 – 5 litre Napoli containers)
- 6 litres Base Mix (recipe above)
- 320 g Orange Flavour compound (Fabbri deli paste)
- Ripples – Orange & Dark Chocolate Stracciattella
- 200 g Crushed digestive biscuits
- Manufacture the base mix, as per the instructions provided with your Pasteuriser. Ideally, allow the mix to age for 4-6 hours before use.
- Decant 6 litres of the base mix into a suitable mixing bowl or pail.
- Add the orange flavour to the liquid base mix and stir until evenly distributed.
- Pour the flavoured base mix into your Taylor batch freezer (see opposite for Taylor load capacities).
- Freeze the ice cream as per the instruction provided with your batch freezer.
- Once frozen, ripple the orange ice cream with the orange rippling sauce and dark chocolate stracciattella as it is being dispensed from the batch freezer. Sprinkle some of the crushed digestive biscuits throughout the ice cream as it is being dispensed.
- Once fully dispensed, place the Napoli into a blast freezer to “set” the ice cream then either transfer to your dipping cabinet or storage freezer.
- Garnish the finished Napoli for display with a good drizzle of rippling sauce and a sprinkle of biscuits. If you wish, decorate the top with mini Jaffa cakes.
>>>Download The Recipe <<<