Tarte aux Pommes Ice Cream – find out how to make this tasty ‘apple pie’ flavour ice cream
(sufficient mix to fill a Taylor CH03 – 30 litre pasteuriser)
- 20 litres Whole Milk
- 1.5 litres Double Cream
- 3 kg Sugar
- 3 kg Comprital MUSA powder (stabiliser blend)
Ingredients – “Tarte aux Pommes” Flavour
(Sufficient to make 2 – 5 litre Napoli containers)
- 6 litres Base Mix (recipe above)
- 320 g Vanilla Flavour (with or without seeds)
- 300 ml Cinnamon Apple Rippling Sauce (Comprital verigato Torta di Mele)
- 200 g Crumble topping or crushed biscuits (optional)
- Manufacture the base mix, as per the instructions provided with your Pasteuriser. Ideally, allow the mix to age for 4-6 hours before use.
- Decant 6 litres of the base mix into a suitable mixing bowl or pail.
- Add the vanilla flavour to the liquid base mix and stir until evenly distributed.
- Pour the flavoured base mix into your Taylor batch freezer (see opposite for Taylor load capacities).
- Freeze the ice cream as per the instruction provided with your batch freezer.
- Once frozen, ripple the vanilla ice cream with the apple rippling sauce as it is being dispensed from the batch freezer. If desired, sprinkle some of the crumble mix/crushed biscuits throughout the ice cream as it is being dispensed.
- Once fully dispensed, place the Napoli into a blast freezer to “set” the ice cream then either transfer to your dipping cabinet or storage freezer.
- Garnish the finished Napoli for display with a good drizzle of rippling sauce and a sprinkle of crumble.
>>>Download The Recipe <<<